FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 13, 2020
SCIENCE NORTH AND DYNAMIC EARTH TEMPORARILY CLOSED AS A HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTION
(SUDBURY, ON) – The health and safety of Science North and Dynamic Earth’s visitors, employees, and volunteers is our top priority. Responding to the strong recommendation of Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David WIlliams, to immediately suspend gatherings of 250 or more, Science North and Dynamic Earth’s attractions will be closed to the public, effective at 6 p.m. on March 13, 2020.
A similar and consistent action is being taken by other provincial agencies that are part of the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries. As an organization dedicated to science education, Science North is following the recommendations of health officials who have advised that social distancing is a critical measure to reducing the spread of novel coronavirus.
“Science North cares deeply, like other attractions in Ontario, about the health and well-being of our visitors and team members. With the recent decision of the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health to limit gatherings of 250 people or less, we understand and support the decision to close Science North and Dynamic Earth. All of our attractions will close today at 6 pm. As this situation is continuously evolving, we will ensure we communicate with our visitors and stakeholders with ongoing updates. Science North values its role in providing inspirational, educational and entertaining science experiences to our audiences and at the same time we take our roles and responsibilities very seriously. We apologize for the disruption this may cause and look forward to welcoming audiences when we reopen.” — Science North, Chief Executive Officer, Guy Labine
Science North appreciates the understanding and patience of the community. For more information and updates, please visit sciencenorth.ca
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW IS SCIENCE NORTH AND DYNAMIC EARTH MONITORING THE SITUATION AROUND CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
- We are actively monitoring updates and guidance provided by our Ministry and Public Health Sudbury and Districts.
WHAT IF I PURCHASED TICKETS IN ADVANCE?
- If you purchased tickets in advance, please contact the reservations office at contactus [at] sciencenorth.ca or (705) 522-3701 to reschedule your visit or receive a credit for your purchases.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE LATEST UPDATES ABOUT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
WHAT CAN I DO TO PROTECT MYSELF AND OTHERS?
- Science North recommends visiting the phsd.ca to learn more about how to protect yourself from COVID-19. The following everyday actions can help prevent the spread of many respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch
- For more information on COVID-19, visit phsd.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Manager, Marketing
Science North & Dynamic Earth
fielding [at] sciencenorth.ca
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario and a registered charity #10796 2979 RR0001. Dynamic Earth is a Science North attraction.