REDISCOVER YOUR SCIENCE CENTRE, ALL GROWN UP!
it's not your average place to play...
NIGHTLIFE on the Rocks is a series of nights just for adults. Enjoy an entertaining evening filled with creatures, cocktails, and concoctions as you and your friends are dazzled by our hot topics, live experts, and savvy science. It's a night out that you can't find anywhere else. What are you waiting for?
NIGHTLIFE ON THE ROCKS
JULY 22, 7:00pm
In person at SCIENCE NORTH
$20 General Public
$18 Members *
* MEMBERS SAVE 10%!
We all remember our firsts. Some magical, others cringe. But in the drinking world, a Beergasm is that beautiful moment when you take the first sip of your favourite beer. Pleasure guaranteed.
NIGHTLIFE is ramping up to provide you with multiple Beergasms for our next event! Get your steps in while you get your buzz on. Whether you’re with your special someone or challenging your buds to a race on the 4th floor. Chirping: “I remember my first beer”.
Speaking of beer, we heard you loud and clear! NIGHTLIFE needs more bars. Join us on May 6 for a night like no other. Local breweries, activities, giant beer pong and more – no faking necessary.
- BEER GOGGLES — Attempt variety of activities while wearing our Beer Goggles to demonstrate the concept of impairment. The best part... it’s hangover-free.
- LAGER THAN LIFE BEER PONG — Come shoot some cups! Think your pong game is as big as ours? It’s literally huge!
- GNEISS BREWS — Find out the minerals that make your beer rock!
- SCULPTED SIX-PACK — Put on a blind fold and see how good you are at sculpting! When being quick is a good thing.
- BREWTIFUL COASTERS — BYOC – Burn your own coaster. Using a wood burner, be creative and come wood-burn a beer coaster.
- PITCHER PERFECT — Which beer gives you all the feels?
- ARE YOU AN EIN-STEIN? — Are you E=mc squared in beer glasswear? Name all the different beer glasses in this game!
- FINAL-DRAUGHT.doc — Do you know when your last call should be? This game tests your abilities to complete simple tasks while intoxicated. Are you going to get an A+ or flunk out?
Join us for a cold one and a night of activities you won’t regret in the morning!
A NOTE TO MEMBERS:
We get it…no one likes to hear that their favourite science and cocktail event is no longer free with a Science North membership. But hear us out; the current global economic state has been very challenging for us all. Because of this, Science North has unfortunately had to re-evaluate some of our offerings and NIGHTLIFE on the Rocks was regrettably on that list.
We always work hard to ensure our members are valued and receive benefits for their ongoing support. Please be patient with us while we switch gears on our adult programming for members. In the meantime, enjoy a 10% discount to NIGHTLIFE events. If you have any questions or comments, please contact the New Audiences team at newaudiences [at] sciencenorth.ca.
- SEPTEMBER 21 — Pumpkins & Plaid 🎃
- NOVEMBER 18 — 'Stache & Bash 🥸
- FEBRUARY 10, 2023 — Sex, Love & Symphony 🎼
- MARCH 24, 2023 — Fire & Ice 🔥 🧊
What's Included? (for in-person events)
Admission to the Science Centre
Special Hands-On Activities
Live Science Shows
Live Trivia with Nickel City Trivia
Cash Bar and Food for Sale
* NIGHTLIFE ON THE ROCKS EVENTS ARE 19+
PRICING (for in-person events)
General Admission – $20
MEMBERS SAVE 10%!
COVID-19 QUESTIONS AND PROTOCOLS
- HOW DO I PURCHASE TICKETS?
Tickets can only be purchased online. The general public and members must get their tickets by following this link.
- I'M A MEMBER! HOW DO I GET MY TICKETS ONLINE?
Follow this link.
- WHAT IS SCIENCE NORTH DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE?
Your health and safety are our top priority. We have made some changes, so you can focus on having fun. Limited capacity for the event and activities, contact tracing, face coverings, enhanced cleaning and increased handwashing stations are some of the ways in which we are working to keep you safe.
- DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK DURING THIS EVENT?
As of March 21, visitors will no longer be required to wear masks when visiting Science North attractions, however visitors may continue to do so on a voluntary basis.
- WILL FOOD AND DRINKS BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE?
Yes, debit, credit and cash will be accepted for food and beverages. However, all food and beverages must be consumed in a designated area, which is near the Prototype Lab area on the fourth floor.
- I HAVE NIGHTLIFE BUCKS FROM A PAST EVENT, CAN I USE THEM?
Yes, any NIGHTLIFE Bucks that expired on March 31, 2020 will be accepted. New NIGHTLIFE Bucks will not be available for purchase, however, debit, credit and cash will be accepted for food and drink purchases.
- WILL I BE REQUIRED TO SOCIALLY DISTANCE FROM OTHERS?
Yes, we ask that all visitors respect and follow distancing protocols at all times by staying 2 metres apart. When present, please stand on the floor markings until the person or group ahead of you moves to the next marking.
- WILL THE SPACE BE REGULARLY SANITIZED?
Yes, Bluecoats will be disinfecting and sanitizing each station and all high-touch surfaces throughout the night.
- WILL THERE BE ADDITIONAL HANDWASHING OR SANITIZATION STATIONS THROUGHOUT THE CENTRE?
Yes, sanitizing and increased hand washing stations will be available throughout the science centre.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT ARE NIGHTLIFE ON THE ROCKS EVENTS?
NIGHTLIFE on the Rocks events are evening events for adults aged 19+ and each has a unique, adult theme. You'll also find activities, workshops, shows, presentations, guests, music, and drinks.
- WHEN ARE THESE EVENTS?
We host six NIGHTLIFE events per year in February, March, May, July, September, and November.
Our July event is hosted at Dynamic Earth with all other events hosted at Science North.
All events take place on Fridays from 7—10pm.
- WHERE DO I GET TICKETS?
Buy tickets online and avoid the line-up!
You can also purchase tickets at the door before and during the event.
- WHERE CAN I FIND EVENT INFORMATION?
We post event specific details about a month prior to the event date.
- DO I GET ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE SCIENCE CENTRE?
You will have access to each of the areas of the science centre that are open. Some events will have all levels/floors open while others will not.
- DO I HAVE TO SHOW UP AT 7PM SHARP?
You do not, however, we recommend arriving early on so you can fully enjoy all of the activities we have to offer.
- WHAT CAN I DO AT THESE EVENTS?
Each event is specifically themed for an adult audience and features activities, workshops, and guests to fit that theme. You can play with exhibits, participate in activities and workshops, talk to guest experts, watch a show in the Discover Theatre, all while hanging out with friends, both old and new!
The majority of activities run from 7—10pm, however, shows and workshops may run on a timed schedule.
- CAN I GET FOOD / DRINKS AT THESE EVENTS?
You sure can! Food and drinks are available for purchase at each event using NIGHTLIFE Bucks. Please ensure yourself a safe ride home — we'll be happy to call you a cab!
- WHAT ARE NIGHTLIFE BUCKS?
NIGHTLIFE Bucks are our form of event currency. This helps to speed up the lines for food and bar by eliminating the need to count and dispense change.
- 1 NIGHTLIFE Buck = $1
- NIGHTLIFE Bucks expire on March 31st of every year
- NIGHTLIFE Bucks can be purchased at the front desk or inside of the science centre.
- IS THERE A DRESS CODE?
We do not have a dress code. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable!
- IS THERE A COAT CHECK? *
We offer a free coat check throughout the winter months.
- IS PARKING AVAILABLE? *
During busy events, we have a parking guard to help you out when the lot begins filling up. Parking for NIGHTLIFE events are free. You may also leave your car overnight if you're unable to drive it home.
- WHY SHOULD I ATTEND NIGHTLIFE EVENTS?
They're super fun and meant for an adult audience! You get to hang out in the science centre while grabbing a drink and playing games with your friends. It's a chill atmosphere where we always have great music, interesting guests, and cool science!
* We are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items