Science North is pleased to provide this website and our on-line services (collectively, the "Site"). The following describes the terms (the "Terms") that govern your use of the Site, and the services and goods provided through the Site. Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all of the Terms. If you do not agree with any of the Terms, you may not use the Site.
1. Use of the Site
- a. Content — The information and materials contained at the Site, including the text, images, arrangement and general design (collectively, the “Content”) are owned or licensed by Science North. You are authorized to view the Content solely for your personal, educational, non-commercial use.
- b. Prohibited Use — You may not use the Site in any manner which is contrary to applicable local, provincial, national, international and foreign laws or regulations governing your use of the Site. It is solely your responsibility to determine whether your use of the Site is lawful. You may not use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
- c. Prices and Orders — Science North reserves the right to change the prices, fees and charges regarding the goods and services available through the Site (including the e-store) at any time and from time to time without any notice or liability to you or any other person. Science North cannot guarantee that goods or services advertised on the Site will be available when ordered or thereafter. Science North also reserves the right at any time to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order. If you order goods or services for which the price was incorrectly displayed, Science North will provide you with an opportunity to cancel your order. If you order goods or services that are not available, Science North will notify you by email with an expected shipping date. Science North reserves the right to limit quantities sold.
- d. Modification — Science North reserves the right to change or modify the terms, conditions, and notices under which you may use the Site. Science North will post all changes or modifications to these Terms on the Site. Each use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of the Terms posted on the Site at that time.
- e. Membership — Current Science North members are entitled to the member’s price as noted by each item on the Site. You will be asked for your membership number when you place your order. Only members are entitled to receive the membership discount. You are not permitted to share your membership number for the purposes of enabling non-members to receive the membership discount. You are solely responsible and liable for any use and misuse of your membership number. You must ensure that all uses of your membership comply with these Terms. You must immediately notify Science North of any unauthorized use of your membership number, or if you know or suspect that your membership number has been lost or stolen, has become known to any other person, or has been otherwise compromised.
2. Your Information
3. Purchases from the Science North e-store
- a. Credit Card Charges — We accept Visa and MasterCard. Your credit card will be charged approximately 1 to 2 days prior to shipping. In the case of a partial shipment you will only be charged for items shipped.
- b. Confirmation of Order — You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your order. Please note the Confirmation/Transaction Number for purposes of order tracking.
- c. Order Cancellation Order — cancellation will be accepted via email within 24 hours of initial placement of order.
- d. Shipping Policy — Shipping is available to most destinations within Canada, the U.S. and major International locations. Please allow up to 20 business days for delivery of items. Science North will notify you if any item cannot be shipped within 30 days, and you will be given the option to wait until the item becomes available. Items will not be charged to your credit card until your order is being prepared. The shipping prices indicated on the Site or otherwise levied include both the cost of shipping using Canada Post services and Science North’s handling costs. Some heavy or bulky items require additional shipping charges. These charges are indicated on the page of the applicable products. If you require additional information please contact us by email or by telephone at 705-522-3701.
The Site and the content are provided on an "as is, where is" basis. Science North disclaims all conditions, terms, representations and warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, quality, or fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, with respect to the Site or any of the content. Science North does not warrant that the Site and the content are free from errors or other program limitations or that the Site and content will be accessible and perform in accordance with your expectations. This disclaimer shall apply to all damages or injuries incurred from, or related to your use of the Site including but not limited to failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or communication line failure. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, Science North further does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations:
- i. regarding the goods or services provided through the Site (the "products"),
- ii. regarding the use of the products,
- iii. that the products will perform in accordance with your expectations, or
- iv. that any defects in the products will be corrected.
5. Limitation of Liability
The express warranties in these terms are in lieu of all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and obligations of the parties to these terms. Science North will not be liable to you or any other person for any damages (direct, indirect, general, special, consequential, or otherwise), expenses, loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, loss of data or other loss, arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the provision, use or failure of the Site, and/or the content, whether negligent or otherwise, and which would otherwise give rise to a cause of action in contract, tort, or any other doctrine of law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Science North and its respective agents, trustees, officers, employees and licensors, and all other related, associated, or connected persons (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liabilities, expenses and costs, including without limitation reasonable legal fees and expenses, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim or demand arising out of, related to, or connected with the use of the Site by you or your breach of this agreement. You will assist and co-operate as fully as reasonably required by the Indemnified Parties in the defence of any such claim or demand.
7. Contests and Draws
From time to time Science North may make contests and draws available to users of the Site and others. All contests and draws are governed by these Terms and the applicable rules of the contest or draw (the “Rules”). By participating in a contest or draw through the Site, you signify your agreement and acceptance of these Terms and the applicable Rules.
Links to external web sites (the “Linked Sites”) are provided only as a convenience and do not constitute an endorsement by Science North of the owners or operators of the Linked Sites, an endorsement of the content, products, advertising or other materials contained in the Linked Sites, or any association between Science North and the Linked Sites. Science North is not in control of any of the Linked Sites and is not responsible for the contents of the Linked Sites, including without limitation any link contained in the Linked Sites or any changes or updates to the Linked Sites.
- a. Survival — The disclaimer, limitation of liability and indemnity provisions in these Terms will survive indefinitely after the termination of these Terms.
- b. Marks — Science North and the Science North logo (collectively the “Marks”) appearing on the Site are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of Science North. The use of the Marks is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of Science North. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners. Nothing appearing on the Site or elsewhere will be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Marks displayed on the Site.
- c. Severability — If any provision of these Terms are invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then it will be, to that extent, deemed omitted and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- d. Entire Terms — Unless specifically provided herein, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Science North with respect to your use of the Site. These Terms will supersede all prior agreements, understanding, negotiations and discussions, either oral or written between the parties. There are no representations, warranties, conditions or other agreements, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, between the parties in connection with the use of the Site except as specifically set forth herein.
- e. Termination — Science North reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. Upon any such termination you may no longer access and/or use the Site. Science North may, in its sole discretion, change, suspend or terminate, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part of it or any of its features at any time, for any reason, without any notice or liability to you or any other person. If these Terms or your permission to use the Site is terminated by you or Science North for any reason, these Terms will nevertheless continue to apply and be binding upon you in respect of your prior use of the Site and your purchases of goods and services through the Site and anything connected with, relating to or arising from those matters.
- f. Governing Law and Jurisdiction — These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You hereby expressly consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of Ontario, located in the City of Greater Sudbury for any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to your use of the Site or these Terms.